Rules and Regulations
|GSDCA Universal Sieger Show
|For those only competing in the
conformation portion of the show,
Click Here for the GSDCA breed show rules.
Universal Sieger Entry Requirements
- Entry into the GSDCA Universal Sieger Show is
limited to German Shepherd Dogs.
- The Performance Handler must be a citizen or
resident of the United States and a member of the GSDCA.
- All dogs entered for the GSDCA Universal Sieger or
Siegerin Title must have the following:
- IPO3, SchH3 or VPG3 title
- AKC Registration
- AKC Four Generation Pedigree if born in the
- If foreign-born, FCK, WUSV or SV recognized
pedigree from the dog's country of birth
- OFA or "HD" hip certification
- "ED" elbow certification
- At least a G show rating awarded by an SV show
- Copies of the following documents must be submitted
with entry. Original documents must be presented
to the show secretary at check-in:
- Pedigree and Registration papers
- Proof of hip and elbow certification if not
noted on the registration/pedigree papers
- Proof of tattoo or microchip certification if
not noted on the registration/pedigree papers
- Breed Survey
- Entries submitted without the above documents and
entry fee will not be accepted.
|Additional Requirements for
GSDCA Universal Sieger or Siegerin
- Must enter the GSDCA National IPO/FH Championship
at the IPO3 level
- Must be entered in the Working Male or Female class.
The National Universal Sieger competitors will receive a
numbered placing: i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. in addition to
their show rating: i.e. V or SG.
- Dogs 6 years of age may participate but must be
entered in the Working Class.
- Trial scores will determine the placing of the dog:
i.e. 1st, 2nd 3rd etc. In the event of a tie
score, the dog with the higher score in the Protection
phase will receive the higher placing. If still a
tie, the dog with the higher Obedience score.
- Universal Sieger or Siegerin competitors must
participate in the draw for starting positions at the
National IPO/FH Championship Trial.
|Universal Sieger and
- The placings from the Universal Sieger Show and the
IPO/FH Championship for the dogs competing for GSDCA
Universal Sieger or Siegerin will be combined. The
male and female with the lowest resulting scores will
become the GSDCA Universal Sieger and Siegerin.
The ideal score is 1+1=2. In the event of a tie
score, the dog with the higher score in the Trial
portion of the IPO/FH Championship will be declared the
- To be eligible for the GSDCA Universal Sieger or
Siegerin title, the dog must achieve the following in
the National IPO/FH Championship:
- A minimum of 240 points total for all phases
- A minimum of 80 points in the Protection phase
- TSB pronounced in the Protection phase
|Selection for the WUSV
Universal Sieger Team
|The GSDCA Universal Sieger,
Universal Siegerin, and the next lowest scoring dog of
either sex that has a minimum of 240 points with 80 points
and Pronounced in Protection in the Trial will constitute
the GSDCA Team members.